Monday, February 14, 2011

Free Write 1, Week 5

What happened to my friend? Where has he gone? Where is the person who taught me how to roll? Where is the person who taught me reason? Where has your reason gone? Remember the mountain in the quad where we burned our sacrifice? Remember where the rocks where we set our bond? Remember when our names became one and our bond was forged? Remember gin and tonic and the guy who can make the best in Europe? Best of the world, bad grammar on the blue World Cup flag. Where have you gone? Where is my friend? Lost and alone in the prison you built, I weep for us both.

1 comment:

  1. Ben,
    When writing about events or thoughts that actually occured in life, it is difficult not to stick to the story, so to say. Sometimes it is helpful to mix language play with communication, imagination with reality. This allows for more freedom and room for surprise. It also feels good to chanel real-world thoughts into questions you're not really asking, statements you don't really claim. I also suggest trying to answer some of your questions. They create amazing opportunity for imaginative (and imagistic) responses. I would like to see these, because the questions themselves intrigue me.

    ReplyDelete